Sunday, October 21, 2007

Black???

Granite didn't go in today as planned. One of the guys workers had to go out of town, so they will start tomorrow. We went ahead and bought the faucets today.

We also bought paint today. We are painting the existing cabinets instead of replacing them to save some dough.

The cabinets are going to be painted BLACK. Ok, I'll give you a minute to soak that in....

While I think it is a fabulous idea, my parents think otherwise. They are practically begging me not to do it. I really like the black cabinets. It hadn't really crossed my mind until E (hubbys BFF) suggested it.

I had seen black kitchen cabinets before on HGTV. I really like the look of it. Clean & Simple. "It's not so bad really, you just have to see the finished result!" I told them.

Heck HGTV Kitchen Design is proclaiming Trend Watch: Black Cabinets!!!

I'm setting TRENDS, people!!!

Now some of the kitchens that I have seen with black cabinets are very modern. That is not the look that I am going for at all.

Ok, here are some pictures that I have found on the web that will maybe shed light on all of the fuss.


Please tell me what you think. Even though I'm still going through with it. You never know though, maybe when it is all said and done with, I might HATE it. There's always more paint...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd be real careful about using black. It's a trend and I feel it will date your kitchen, five years down the road. It's everywhere now. It's tricky not to get seduced by it, as it's a nice, new look, but, just putting it out there for you to consider!